Train Of Thought
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HAITI

Go down

HAITI Empty HAITI

Post by ms_lisa_baby January 23rd 2010, 1:14 am

I'm surprised no one has brought up Haiti yet. I'm not sure what to say. We have see it all in the media. The devastation, lost lives and despair. Just makes you think about how precious life is. It hit me hard seeing all the horrible images of dead bodies, people stuck in rubble, people walking around hopeless with no food or water. No where to go for help. Afraid to go into a building in fear that a aftershock will cause it to fall on top of them. What really broke my heart was seeing a picture of about 5 or 6 lifeless muddy bodies of children stacked into the back of a truck. Children the same age as the ones I wake up to everyday and put to bed every night. I glanced at this picture for as long as I could and quickly closed it. This is when I cried for the 1st time for Haiti. I have taken life for granted. Taken others lives for granted. This life we live and those we share it with is so precious. In just a moment everything we love and cherish can be gone in a matter of seconds. My prayers are with those in Haiti. There isn't a day that goes by that Haiti is not on my mind. I am not Haitian but they are still my people. I am particularly proud of the American people and the world as a whole. We are all going thru our own financial hardships yet we have given 100's of millions of dollars. I know it will take years for Haiti to recover. Haiti was already a country that needed reform and help before the earthquake. 80% of it's population lived in poverty. Haiti has a very interesting history. The most major being the fact that it was the 1st free black republic in the western hemisphere. I know that Haiti will get through this and come out a stronger and greater country. Let's continually keep them in our prayers.
ms_lisa_baby
ms_lisa_baby

http://myspace.com/elisa9047

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum